Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Why am I creating this blog? Why are you taking time to read random thoughts from me? Why do I keep asking you questions? Why do we still use the term first annual? I'm going to answer one of these questions to start and if I go off on a tangent I might not answer the others. If you are looking for substance, stop reading. If you're looking for life lessons, it's not my intention. If you're looking to be entertained I'm going to do my best but really this blog is for me. I've had some deep thoughts lately about life, so like any other Thirty-Year-Old I have repressed those thoughts as far down in my sole as possible. Only to one day have them spill out over my 432nd viewing of Rudy. You know the part(s). When he finally get's excepted to Notre Dame, when Jon Favreau is in the stands and yells, "Who's the big man now?" or when his father is grabbing the stranger next to him screaming "That's my son!" Hold please........sniff.

At some point in time I've probably made you laugh by either making fun of you, myself, my parents, your job, having a job, the way people eat, why black people laugh louder than white people, why if I had a men's fragrance to sell it would be called Man...for Men. It's what I like to do. In life, I think people can appreciate a good laugh. We need more laughing in our lives. My goal is to help give you a little laughter before you head to work, before you go to bed, on your lunch break, or whenever you need a laugh. Maybe to motivate you because life has been a little cruel to you. Some perspective on random moments that I've taken time to break down that you or someone you know might have gone thru. I'm just trying to entertain. Shocker, Drew trying to be the center of attention yet again.



First Annual Octocat Dodgeball Invitational: What has Eight Legs and Loves Balls Whizzing By Their Face?

First Annual Crawfish Boil: Don't forget to suck the head! First Annual Superbowl Party: Pissing girlfriends off every year before Valentines Day! First Annual Rhode Island Marathon. That one is too easy.

I was listening to the radio today when a commercial came on about the first annual blah blah blah. Trust me when I say I'm not the first person to make fun of the term first annual. But I would like to use this term to bring awareness to some of my first annual mistakes I make every year. Maybe not exactly the same time every year but some of us are sure to repeat these epic disasters over and over.

Drew's First Annual Drink Too Much then Lose it in the Bathroom Until the Texans Carpet Near the Toilet Feels like a Sealy Posturepedic Mattress

Drew's First Annual Stay Up Watching and Entire Season of The Sopranos/Mad Men/The Wire/Scrubs/Shameless/Game of Thrones/The Walking Dead/The Killing/Hatfield & McCoys...

Drew's First Annual Call Everyone in Your Phone Whom I Haven't Talked to in About a Year While Driving on a Road Trip Over Four Hours Long

Drew's First Annual Tell Myself I'm Going to Run for 30 Days Which Leads to 11 Days of Pain Followed by Two Weeks Off From All Exercise

Drew's First Annual Start a Blog That I Might or Might Not Share with People but Makes Me Feel A Little Better About Life and I Hope it Made You Laugh a Little.

We'll see how long this lasts people but I'm feeling better already.



No comments:

Post a Comment